Tuesday 6 July 2010

Circles

Today I spent some time poking about on crappy websites, desperately trying to find a cure for my broken heart (I'd like to call it research but it wasn't). The only cures available cost $39.00 plus P&P so of no use to someone who has moved from Dinky to skint in slightly less than two months.

I must say it was a tempting array of cures - Get Over Your Lost Love in Ten Easy Steps; Heal Your Heart While You Sleep and How To Forget Your Long Term Love in 24 Hours (Maybe Him Formerly Known as Bear will let me have his copy). I am sure there was even one that advocated eating shellfish and alfalfa, but I suddenly felt a lot better.

I am reliably informed by those in the know that Time (note capitalisation to highlight importance) is the only thing that will ease the pain. And yet I am informed by myself, albeit somewhat less reliably, that that is poppycock. Being the jobless, penniless, useless heap I am at present I have plenty of Time ... and I still feel shit.

I think what those in the know actually mean is the Passage of Time. But that's assuming everyone has the nous to enter aforementioned passage through the door marked Moving Forward. Nous is currently in short supply for me, so I didn't. Apparently my curiosity was piqued by the door marked LHC and as a result I find myself subjected to the questionable experience of having my emotions particley accelerated in giant, dizzying circles.

On the bright side, at least going round in circles isn't standing still. And better still, I managed to see the bright side.

Yours in hope and fear, AJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment