Thursday 27 May 2010

Project: Life Changing - To Do List (in progress)

You know, I don't really know where to start. It is only a couple of weeks since Bear made his Big Unexpected Announcement (The BUA) and I am still struggling with the enormity of it if the truth be told. Under advice from a variety of sources - including the internet, self help books, friends and Little Blister - I have to focus, try and stay positive and look on this as an opportunity to change my life for the better. Apparently it is an exciting time of change. It is tempting to merely harrumph at such nonsense (in between sobs of course) but as I am trying so very hard to avoid sliding into the abyss of despair, anything has to be worth a go. So, Project: Life Changing is here to provide focus and prevent me from sleeping at inappropriate times when dreaming seems preferable to real life.

I have already made one public announcement - well if parents and step-parents, Little Blister, brother-in-law, one neice, one friend and a couple of cousins count as public - in that I will Learn To Drive. I am 42 years of age and have driven a car twice. Once in the New Forest and hated it. Once in an Asda car park and hated it . My motto has always been, 'have boyfriend, will travel' ... only following BUA it is no longer true. I do currently still have access to Bear and therefore some journeys are still permissible but when we have finally untangled this 15 years and go our separate ways, the wheels will go with him. And even if, as I hope against hope, we may untangle in order to re-tangle in a more mutually agreeable way, I am sure he would be happy to take the back seat now and again.

Project: Life Changing
Learn to Drive - status update: Applied online for replacement provisional licence, posted requested forms and grim photo to DVLA. Waiting for response. Have found telephone number for a driving instructor recommended by my Dad who used to work with her when he was a driving instructor. Yes. Dad won't teach me.



No comments:

Post a Comment